These are perfect for morning tea at home. They literally take 10 minutes to prep and you can even make the mixture in advance and bake when your guests arrive to serve warm from the oven.
- 100g unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly, plus more for buttering the tin
- 30g brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 100g self raising flour
- 1 tbsp sprinkles
- Salt flakes
- Madeleine mold
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Brown butter over medium heat then pour into a large, heat-proof bowl to let it cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, whisk in brown sugar, caster sugar, eggs and vanilla essence until smooth.
- Add flour, sprinkles and a pinch of salt flakes and fold until combined.
- Spoon into madeleine moulds (fill ⅔ full, as they expand as they cook and can overflow which will spoil the shape but not make it taste any less good)
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until they bounce back when touched and have formed little peaks.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a minute, then lift out of moulds with a small knife and serve immediately. The mixture can be made in advance and kept in the fridge, then baked just prior to serving.