I make this for my family at Christmas and Easter and it’s their favourite thing. The words ‘best chocolate ever’ are usually hanging in the air around the time this rocky road appears. The hazelnuts make it amazing, the sea salt makes it addictive.
- 300g hazelnuts, roasted and skins removed (you can roast skinless to make this easier)
- 500g melting chocolate (preferably Callebaut Gianduja, alternatively Cadbury Melts work well)
- 100g mini or marshmallows
- Sea salt
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water (make sure the boiling water isn’t touching the bottom of the bowl, it should be heated from the steam not water).
- Allow the chocolate to cool slightly (otherwise it will melt the marshmallows). Stir through marshmallows, roasted hazelnuts, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Pour onto a tray, allow to cool for at least 1 hour in the fridge, then chop into blocks in whichever size you prefer. If you’re using the Callebaut Gianduja, it’s soft so best kept refrigerated.