Spaghetti al Limone recipe! This might not be my death row meal but it was the dish I chose to have right before going into the hospital to have my baby, up there amongst my favourite pastas. So simple, bright and delicious. Goes great with a side of broccolini tossed through olive oil, chilli, garlic and toasted slivered almonds. Would also be great with my Brussels sprouts recipe.
- 300g spaghetti
- 50g pine nuts
- 90g lemon juice (about 1½ lemons juiced)
- Zest of one lemon
- 150g salted butter, cut in cubes
- ⅓ cup basil leaves
- Lots of finely grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano, to serve
- Prepare a big pot of salted boiling water.
- Cook pasta until al dente, reserving a ½ cup pasta water.
- In a large pot, toast your pine nuts in a little cube of butter until golden brown, then turn off the heat.
- Strain pasta and add to the pot.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, butter, pasta water and basil leaves and stir vigorously and continuously while the butter melts into the sauce to create an emulsion.
- Taste and season.
- Serve topped with lots of finely grated Parmesan.