The perfect side to your holiday meals, simple and delicious!
- 5 tbsp + 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g Brussels sprouts, washed, bottoms trimmed and halved
- Salt flakes and cracked black pepper
- 150g unsmoked pancetta around 1.5cm thick, cut into pieces ½ cm wide
- 150g labne
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
Serves 6 as a starter or side
- Preheat oven to 180°c fan-forced.
- In a mixing bowl, add Brussels sprouts and drizzle over 5 tbsp olive oil.
- Season generously with salt and cracked black pepper and toss so Brussels sprouts are evenly coated.
- Pour Brussels sprouts onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake until browned, around 15-25 minutes. If you notice they aren’t roasting evenly in the oven, quickly remove the tray every 5 minutes to turn and reposition them with tongs to ensure even cooking.
- Whilst Brussels sprouts cook, heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and pancetta in a fry pan over medium heat and cook until the fat is rendering out, and pancetta is golden and crispy, then use a slotted spoon or spatula to remove into a bowl to cool.
- Once Brussels sprouts and pancetta are cooked, set aside until ready to serve.
- To serve, toss Brussels sprouts, pancetta, parsley, and balsamic vinegar in a mixing bowl. Taste and season.
- Spread labne evenly on a serving plate or bowl, and top with Brussels sprouts mixture.
- Serve! Delicious at room temperature, making it an ideal dinner party side or starter.