Guys, this recipe is such a fresh, easy dinner party or general party starter! Literally takes a couple of minutes to throw together, pop it in the oven, transfer to a plate and serve. The leaves beautifully infuse their lemon flavour into the mozzarella so it’s just yummy, pretty, flavoured cheese.
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella (buffalo mozzarella is best if you can get your hands on it)
- 12+ lemon leaves
- Salt flakes
- Cracked black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or heat up the barbie).
- Lay lemon leaves on a lined baking tray.
- Cut mozzarella into 1cm thick strips, then 3-4cm long pieces (you want at least 1cm of lemon leaf showing surrounding them when you put the mozz on the leaf because they’ll melt outwards).
- Place mozzarella pieces on lemon leaves.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the top (Golden Groves is my favourite).
- Sprinkle with salt flakes and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Bake (or grill if you’ve got the BBQ going) until the cheese has melted and the edges of the leaves are just beginning to brown and curl up.