Off the back of my tablescaping trends article for Marie Claire Australia, here is my recipe for perhaps my favourite trend of 2022… Whipped butter. My recipe is a miso whipped butter, because to me, umami is everything.
- 250g unsalted butter at room temperature (I like a big block of Lurpak)
- 100g white miso
- 100g buttermilk
- Crusty sourdough bread, to serve
- Add butter and miso to a bowl in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment.
- Whisk on high for 5 minutes, until butter and miso mix is very soft and pale (be sure to scrape down the sides occasionally so all the butter and miso is incorporated).
- Lower the speed to medium and very slowly drizzle in the buttermilk until incorporated.
- Increase the speed to high again and whisk for another 5 minutes.
- Serve piled high on a plate or little bowls and enjoy with fresh bread.